African Journal of Geography and Regional Planning ISSN 3627-8945 is a peer-reviewed, open access journal that provides a forum for the publication of innovative research articles in all aspects of geography and regional planning. The journal publishes internationally contributed empirical studies and reviews of research on these topics as well as articles on the results of research, instructional approaches, and book reviews. The aims of the journal include the following:
- To publish articles dealing with all areas of human and physical geography. Articles dealing with either the built environment or how humans create, view, manage, and influence space, or articles that examine the natural environment, and how organisms, climate, soil, water, and landforms produce and interact.
- To publish significant articles devoted to the study of the lands, the features, the inhabitants, and the phenomena of Earth. In this sense, articles concerning spatial analysis of the natural and the human phenomena, area studies (places and regions), study of the human-land relationship, and research in the Earth sciences. human geography and physical geography
- Articles dealing with the theoretical, methodological, and practical aspects of human-environment interactions are welcome, along with innovative or interdisciplinary approaches that have a psychological emphasis.
- Articles devoted to the publication of research which utilizes geographic approaches (human, physical, nature-society and GIScience) to resolve human problems that have a spatial dimension. These problems may be related to the assessment, management and allocation of the
- Papers are invited on any theme involving the application of geographical theory and methodology in the resolution of human problems. This may include papers on the techniques, problems and results of environmental and/or social research, as well as those concerned with the principles, policies and consequences of resource management and allocation. Articles are refereed before publication.