African Journal of Water Conservation and Sustainability is a cross-disciplinary, scholarly, open access journal of environmental, cultural, economic, geographical and political significance, which provides an advanced forum for studies related to sustainability and sustainable development. It publishes reviews, regular research papers, short communications, and there is no restriction on the length of the papers.
Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical research relating to natural sciences, social sciences and humanities in as much detail as possible in order to promote scientific predictions and impact assessments of global change and development. Full experimental and methodical details must be provided so that the results can be reproduced.
Challenges relating to conservation and sustainability
- Air pollution and climate change
- Water pollution and sanitation
- Misuse of land
- Desertification and drought
- Industrial development and energy crisis
- Toxic chemicals and hazardous and radioactive wastes
- Population explosion and urbanization
- Unsustainable patterns of production and consumption
- Abandonment or loss of tradition, racial and national identity, culture, ethical standards, family solidarity, particularly during immigration or large scale foreign cultural influence, and its impact on cultural or social sustainability
- Impact of globalization on local, national and regional sustainability and stability
- Degradation of ecosystems and species, and concomitant risks to human well-being
Socio-economic, scientific and integrated approaches to sustainable development
- Development and realization of national policies and international treaties for sustainable development
- Implementation and monitoring of policies for sustainable development
- Changing consumption and production patterns
- Developments in cultural diversity, tradition, social systems, globalization, immigration and settlement, and their impact on cultural or social sustainability
- Ethical and philosophical aspects of sustainable development
- Education and awareness of sustainability
- Impact of safety, security and disaster management on sustainability
- Health-related aspects of sustainability
- System analysis methods, including life cycle assessment and management
- Sustainable chemistry
- Sustainable utilization of resources such as land, water, atmosphere and other biological resources
- New and renewable sources of energy
- Sustainable energy preservation and regeneration methods
- Land and aquatic ecosystems maintenance and biodiversity preservation
- Quasi-environmental sustainability – short term measures and their long term effects
- Effects of global climate change on development and sustainability
Other topics related to sustainability
- Defining and quantifying sustainability
- Measuring and monitoring sustainability
- Sustainability tools
- Applications of sustainability
- Policies and laws relating to sustainability
- Sustainability sciences
This journal is a wide interdisciplinary forum which seeks to further debate and discuss the important concept of conservation and sustainable development. The scope of the journal therefore allows for contributions which have a local, national or global focus from a philosophical to a practical perspective. All contributions are refereed with the aim of providing the readership with high quality, original material.
Policy makers in central and local government and NGOs, decision makers in business, academics, researchers, scientists and engineers.
Sustainable development, environmental management , corporate social responsibility, poverty, fair trade, equity, futurity, development, environmental economics, environmental policy, environmental impact, environmental accountability, journal, online journal, conservation etc.