Global Journal of Food and Agribusiness Management ISSN 2756-343X is a peer-reviewed, open access journal that publishes high-quality original papers and review articles in all aspects of food and agribusiness management. The journal focuses on the business and economics of agriculture and food with emphasis on areas such as marketing, finance, international trade, risk management, financial markets, resource economics and management, consumer economics, farm management, labor and personnel management, environmental and natural resource economics, food supply chains, and agricultural and food policy.
The aims of the journal include the following:
- To publish articles dealing with agrichemicals, animal feeds, biofuels, food security, breeding, crop production and distribution, farm machinery, processing, and seed supply, as well as marketing and retail sales.
- To publish high quality articles dealing with farm management, food and rural businesses with global and local perspectives.
- To publish articles dealing with agricultural policy, financial impacts related to nutrition and health, economic aspect of conservation and land use conversion.
- To publish articles aimed at meeting the challenges and opportunities associated with the business of food.
- To publish articles dealing with food economies especially economic studies and reports exploring agribusiness and agribusiness practices.
- To create a veritable platform for agribusiness managers and players in the agriculture value chain who seek practical skills and solutions to challenges in their organisations/businesses.
- To publish articles that are based on a comprehensive needs analysis and innovative design process developed in collaboration with practitioners and experts in the agribusiness industry.
- To provide a platform for current global, regional and domestic trends and market realities to enhance strategic capabilities and planning.
- To publish articles that would deepen our understanding of the changing roles of policymakers and government agencies in shaping the value chain.
- To publish articles that skillfully combine sound economic and management principles with agricultural production policy and technology.
- To publish articles that endeavors to meet the growing demand for agribusiness as a key foundation of value-based education.
- To provide a platform for a new breed of internationally competitive and socially committed researchers in such a way that generates an influential contribution to public, private, non-government, and international organizations through the knowledge of agribusiness for the overall development of the global society.
- To provide a pool of articles that are concerned with the economics of natural resource management and the production and distribution of food, fiber and bio-fuels.
- To publish high profile articles that would challenge our readers to find rewarding careers in agriculture, rural development and natural resource/environmental policy.
- All articles published by this journal are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers.
- All works published by this journal are under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY).
- Authors of articles published in this journal are the copyright holders of their articles and have granted to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate articles.
Global Journal of Food and Agribusiness Management levies an article-processing charge of $500 (USD) for each article accepted for publication. The journal does not charge a submission fee. Authors are required to pay the manuscript handling fee only after their manuscripts have been reviewed and accepted for publication by an editor. Authors can request a waiver or discount during the submission process as the journal routinely waive charges for authors from low-income countries.
ISJ offsets publication expenses – including the cost of peer review management, journal production, and online hosting and archiving – by charging an Article Processing Charge (APC), to authors, institutions or funders for each article published. This publication fees vary by journal and are payable upon article acceptance.
Peer-review is the system used by Global Journal of Food and Agribusiness Management to assess the quality of a manuscript before it is published. Qualified researchers in the relevant research area assess submitted manuscripts for originality, validity and significance to help editors determine whether the manuscript should be published or not.
Global Journal of Food and Agribusiness Management operates a double-blind peer-review system, where the reviewers of the paper won't get to know the identity of the author(s), and the author(s) won't get to know the identity of the reviewer. The advantage of double-blind peer review is that it eliminates bias.
Manuscripts submitted to this journal will generally be reviewed by two or more experts who will be required to evaluate whether the manuscript is scientifically sound and coherent, whether it duplicates already published work, and whether or not the manuscript is sufficiently clear for publication. The Editors will reach a decision based on these reports and, where necessary, they will consult with members of the Editorial Board.
International Scholars Journals (ISJ) is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and abides by its Code of Conduct and aims to adhere to its Best Practice Guidelines.
All journals published by ISJ are committed to publishing only innovative and original material i.e., material that has neither been published elsewhere, nor is it under consideration for publication by another publisher.
Benefits of publishing in this journal
At ISJ, we continue to work hard to support our authors who trust us with their works. Here are just some of the benefits we provide:
- Open Access: Our research is freely available to all, from the time of publication. Readers do not need a subscription or to register before they can access our articles.
- High visibility: ISJ allows maximum visibility of articles published in the journal as they are available to the widest possible scientific outreach, including to the general public.
- Rapid publication: The timeframe between acceptance and publication is about 3 weeks. All ISJ journals offer a fast publication schedule.
- Rigorous peer-review: ISJ is operated by a team of experienced professional editors. We work closely with academic editors and reviewers to provide authors with an efficient, fair, and constructive reviews.
- Post-publication comments: ISJ allows readers and authors to exchange ideas that are directly accessible from the full-text article.
- International readership: All articles are being accessed from over 200 countries worldwide.
- Promotion and press coverage: Articles published in this journal are included in article alerts and regular email updates.
- Access and reach: We continue to submit our journals to all known abstracting and indexing services.
- Flexibility: ISJ journals gives you the opportunity to publish at your convenience.
- Copyright: Authors retain the copyright to their works. Authors are allowed unlimited use and/or distribution of their work without any form of restriction. As an author of an article published in any ISJ journal, you retain the copyright of your article and you are free to reproduce and disseminate your work.
To subscribe for an article published by any of our journals, kindly contact email@example.com. The subscription rate is $350 and it is the same for all countries. The subscription charges are inclusive of delivery charges. All journals are open access and subscribers shall receive the print edition.