International Journal of Education Research and Reviews ISSN 2329-9843 is a peer-reviewed, open access journal that seeks to publish high quality original research, reviews, perspectives, case studies, theoretical statements, philosophical arguments, and critical syntheses in all areas of education. The journal is a diverse, scholarly community dedicated to serving education through the publication of high quality research. All articles must be of a quality and context that would be of interest to a broad range of readership.
International Journal of Education Research and Reviews intends to promote and integrate the intellectual, methodological, and substantive diversity of educational scholarship. Articles dealing with educational research involving any discipline and methodology will be welcome. The aims of the journal include the following:
- To publish the highest standards of research and to be a significant contributor to the improvement of educational policy and practice in partnership with schools, colleges and other educational agencies both locally and internationally.
- To publish high quality papers that could potentially transform research, policy and practice beyond the context of that in which the original work is undertaken.
- To publish articles representing a wide variety of philosophical traditions. This include the examination of fundamental philosophical issues in their connection with education, to detailed critical engagement with current educational practice or policy from a philosophical point of view.
- To promote rigorous thinking on educational matters and to identify and criticize the ideological forces shaping education. Ethical, political, aesthetic and epistemological dimensions of educational theory are amongst those covered.
- To publish articles that will prepare professionals to lead in education, to practice social responsibility, and to exemplify intellectual curiosity. IJERR publishes scholarship that advances knowledge and refines practice.
- To collaborate with local and global partners using education to forge more caring, just, and sustainable societies.
- To publish papers that will bring about outstanding professional educators, producing research that improves the practice of education, and providing excellent professional support to our partners in the field. In view of this, we actively engage in discussions regarding the improvement of the education world.
- The journal is committed to publishing research of high quality and practical value. In this sense, we have a strategic commitment to contribute to excellence in all phases of public education, both nationally and internationally.
- To report research on topics that are of international significance across educational contexts. IJERR publishes high quality manuscripts that are of international significance in terms of design and/or findings
- To encourage collaboration by international teams of researchers
- To publish articles with a strong theoretical framework, clear understanding of how literature critically relates to the topic researched and strong design and analysis. We publish articles that provides critical analysis and recommendations for further research, policy and practice in an international context
- To publish articles that will bring about a dual commitment to the preparation of highly qualified educators and advancement of research and scholarship through the application of theory into practice that builds stronger communities through improving learning outcomes and school performance.
- IJERR is dedicated to serving the interests of researchers and scientists. Our aim is to provide access to resources and support systems that allow educational researchers to reach their fullest potentials.
- To focus our scholarly and publishing efforts on the study of human learning and development, the history of education, teaching, school reform, and education policy. The journal publishes a wide range of articles designed for students seeking an understanding of the many facets of education from multi-disciplinary perspectives. This include scholars in the history of education, public policy and economics, psychology and human development, teacher education, and the social and philosophical foundations of education.
- All articles published by this journal are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers.
- All works published by this journal are under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY).
- Authors of articles published in this journal are the copyright holders of their articles and have granted to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate articles.
International Journal of Education Research and Reviews levies an article-processing charge of $500 (USD) for each article accepted for publication. The journal does not charge a submission fee. Authors are required to pay the manuscript handling fee only after their manuscripts have been reviewed and accepted for publication by an editor. Authors can request a waiver or discount during the submission process as the journal routinely waive charges for authors from low-income countries.
ISJ offsets publication expenses – including the cost of peer review management, journal production, and online hosting and archiving – by charging an Article Processing Charge (APC), to authors, institutions or funders for each article published. This publication fees vary by journal and are payable upon article acceptance.
Peer-review is the system used by International Journal of Education Research and Reviews to assess the quality of a manuscript before it is published. Qualified researchers in the relevant research area assess submitted manuscripts for originality, validity and significance to help editors determine whether the manuscript should be published or not.
International Journal of Education Research and Reviews operates a double-blind peer-review system, where the reviewers of the paper won't get to know the identity of the author(s), and the author(s) won't get to know the identity of the reviewer. The advantage of double-blind peer review is that it eliminates bias.
Manuscripts submitted to this journal will generally be reviewed by two or more experts who will be required to evaluate whether the manuscript is scientifically sound and coherent, whether it duplicates already published work, and whether or not the manuscript is sufficiently clear for publication. The Editors will reach a decision based on these reports and, where necessary, they will consult with members of the Editorial Board.
The editors of ISJ take a very serious stance against any evidence of plagiarism including self-plagiarism in manuscripts submitted to them. Every reasonable effort will be made to investigate any allegations of plagiarism brought to their attention, as well as instances that come up during the peer review process.
International Scholars Journals (ISJ) is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and abides by its Code of Conduct and aims to adhere to its Best Practice Guidelines.
All journals published by ISJ are committed to publishing only innovative and original material i.e., material that has neither been published elsewhere, nor is it under consideration for publication by another publisher.
ISJ Self-Archiving Policy
Authors of articles published in any of our journals are permitted to self-archive the submitted (preprint) and accepted (peer-reviewed) version of the article at any time. There is no embargo period. At ISJ, we strongly believe that self-archiving makes research to be widely “visible, accessible, harvestable, searchable, and useable,” thus increasing its reach and impact, and possibly the number of citations it receives.
The submitted version may be placed on:
The author's personal website
The author's company/institutional repository or archive
Not for profit subject-based preprint servers or repositories
Benefits of publishing in this journal
At ISJ, we continue to work hard to support our authors who trust us with their works. Here are just some of the benefits we provide:
- Open Access: Our research is freely available to all, from the time of publication. Readers do not need a subscription or to register before they can access our articles.
- High visibility: ISJ allows maximum visibility of articles published in the journal as they are available to the widest possible scientific outreach, including to the general public.
- Rapid publication: The timeframe between acceptance and publication is about 3 weeks. All ISJ journals offer a fast publication schedule.
- Rigorous peer-review: ISJ is operated by a team of experienced professional editors. We work closely with academic editors and reviewers to provide authors with an efficient, fair, and constructive reviews.
- Post-publication comments: ISJ allows readers and authors to exchange ideas that are directly accessible from the full-text article.
- International readership: All articles are being accessed from over 200 countries worldwide.
- Promotion and press coverage: Articles published in this journal are included in article alerts and regular email updates.
- Access and reach: We continue to submit our journals to all known abstracting and indexing services.
- Flexibility: ISJ journals gives you the opportunity to publish at your convenience.
- Copyright: Authors retain the copyright to their works. Authors are allowed unlimited use and/or distribution of their work without any form of restriction. As an author of an article published in any ISJ journal, you retain the copyright of your article and you are free to reproduce and disseminate your work.
To subscribe for an article published by any of our journals, kindly contact email@example.com. The subscription rate is $350 and it is the same for all countries. The subscription charges are inclusive of delivery charges. All journals are open access and subscribers shall receive the print edition.